Sunday, October 09, 2011

Another chapter begins

It's been a long 11 months. There have been ups and there have been downs. It's basically been an emotional roller coaster. I have been blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home with my girls and spend more time with my family which is what everyone wants,right? Walking Diana to school every morning has been extremely fun and being the first one to see her smiling face when she rushes out of her classroom at the end of the day is awesome. I can't wait to hear all about her first-grade adventures.
All the while, I have stayed busy with a lot of freelance work. It was important to me from the get-go to stay busy and still write and be involved with the community and take on projects. I even started volunteering with some organizations at Diana's school.
For the past month I have gone to a parent preschool with Amy which is so much fun. It's kind of surreal to watch her in a preschool atmosphere. I never got to do that with Diana. We dropped her off at daycare, went to work and picked her up. We relied on the teachers to fill us in with every detail of her busy day.
Now, it's time for another change. I am ready to go back to work and someone is...finally...ready to have me.
In my email inbox on Monday I hope to have an offer from Novartis, a pharmaceutical company in Vacaville. Yes, Vacaville, the city where I live. Not San Francisco, not Sacramento. I will drive 15 minutes to work every day and 15 minutes back home. If my kids get hurt at school, I can jet over and make sure they are OK if I need to. Amazing. Things happen for a reason. All the rejection for the past nine months happened for a reason.
I had an interview with this company on Friday afternoon. I was there for two hours and met with several different people. I loved every single one of them. They were excited about this position and honest about the company's "transitioning" culture. I am excited to possibly shape that culture.
At 6 p.m. that night, I got a phone call from the director of communications telling me that the committee met briefly and that it was unanimous to move forward with me as their primary candidate. I submitted my references and will wait for the offer to come in the email. They will do a background check, I will do a drug test and then I will start in a couple of weeks.
Check out the company online, my mom did. She's impressed. I'm impressed. While the job is only a contract position through the end of the year, there is a possibility that it could go full-time. Like I always do, I will work my butt off for the next two months and ensure that I can stay with this company as long as they want me.
Thanks to everyone for their support over the last 11 months. A big reason that I have been able to stay hopeful that there was something out there for me was because of the love and support of my family and friends.

2 comments:

Amy Collins said...

Congratulations Angela that is wonderful news!!! You certainly have been dilligent in your quest for employment and it is going to pay off. I wish you the best there and hope it continues on for you!!

Michelle MGD said...

So happy for you and all of the work you have put into finding just the job! Best of luck!!