Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Mommy!

What a great three-day weekend! I haven't had one in a while here at the new job, so it was really nice to have an extra day to take care of some things around the house. I put up a bunch of frames around the house that have been collecting dust for a few months now. Our house really feels like a home even more now because of all the family pics I put up. It's awesome.

Thanks to my family, especially Matt, for putting together a great party last night with my family. It was nice to have everyone over and laugh and have good times.

The best part came later that night when I was setting up my new laptop (thanks, Mom!)and Matt and I heard Diana making some noise on the monitor. We turned the television down and turned the monitor up so we could hear what she was saying. After all, it was over an hour since I put her to bed. She was singing.

"Happy Birthday to My Mommy! Happy Birthday to My Mommy!
Happy Birthday to My Mommmmeeeee. Happy Birthday to My Mommmmeeee!"

I just sat there on the floor with my jaw to the ground and my hand over my mouth. The girl was singing exactly like we had sung two hours earlier when we had cake. I know they have birthdays at school, but I don't know if they sing (they probably do). But it was amazing! The girl shocks me every day, but to full on just start singing was hilarious!Matt and I were still laughing about it this morning.

There could have been no greater end to my pre-birthday celebration! Now, for Shopping at Target (thanks, Dad!)

2 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

I hope she was practicing to sing to you today! Happy Birthday sister

Amy Collins said...

That is so cute. Happy Birthday, sounds like it was a nice way to celebrate getting older.