Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gramma V, the rock star

I have preached over and over how awesome my mom (aka Gramma V) is. She helps us out with Diana at the drop of a hat and supports my sister and I and our families 100 percent. She's just awesome. I could go on and on, but she truly is the best lady in the world.
Today, I am not the only one to believe that. My mom was named California Adult Education Adminstrator of the Year today. I don't know the name of the organization that named her that because when her secretary called me this afternoon, I was in tears and didn't hear. I will update this when I find out for sure.
The Fairfield-Suisun Adult School is such a special place to my mom. She's been there for a very long time and it's a very dear place in her heart. She works extremely hard and this award comes as no surprise to me. She's the bomb! It's nice to know that someone gets rewarded for working hard and truly caring and being passionate about something.
I hope my mom gets recognized by the school district, the local community and other organizations for this honor because it's truly deserving. The number of people she's touched in her time at the adult school is humongous and the list will keep growing!

Congrats, Gramma V! We are so proud of you!

5 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

Gramma V Rocks!!!! Love ya mom!

Orshi said...

Congrats, thats super awesome!

Debbie said...

Congrats to Gramma V!

"V" said...

Thank you, thank you! It's all because I have two great daughters who "rock!"

Amy Collins said...

That is awesome Ang, she sounds like a very deserving lady. You and Michelle and families are so blessed to have a mother like her!!