Saturday, May 23, 2009

Princesses Attack

The princesses have attacked Diana's room. Well, in a matter of speaking, at least. Diana got a big girl bed today. I just checked on her five minutes ago and she is still napping in it...hasn't fallen out yet.
Thanks to Gramma V and Grampa D for putting it together, although Gramma V insists that there was nothing to put together. Then why, Gramma V, did it take over an hour and a half and why did Grampa D have to go over to his house to get his electric drill because Matt's wasn't working right? Hmmmmm...?
Anyway, Diana is set until she leaves for Stanford in 14 years. This is the forever bed.
It was quite an adventure putting it together. I had nothing to do with it. It was all Gramma V and Grampa D. They even kicked Matt out of the room after a while and he did some other chores around the house.
Some of the highlights: While bringing the biggest box inside, poor Grampa D got his feet caught underneath him and he fell into the bush in our front yard.
When the box finally made its way upstairs and into Diana's room, Matt opened it and there was a cockroach inside. Sheer panic ensued, Raid was brought upstairs and we got rid of the nasty creature quickly. All order was then restored.
I did my wifely duties and ran out to Subway to get sandwiches for the clan who were very appreciative after a tough morning of work. Here are some images of the new bed:





Gramma V also hooked Diana up with a new trash can, new area rug, new hamper...you get the idea.



Gramma V had to try out the new bed. I admit I am looking forward to sitting in the bed tonight to read books before bed time. No more floor for me! Yay!

2 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

1. Poor Daddy.
2. Gross about the cockroach. That is disgusting.

3. Adorable pictures as usual. Diana looks like she is IN LOVE with the bed, which is a great piece of furniture. Great bed!!! I bet she will want to bring it to Stanford with her. You should check with the housing there to see if they allow that.

Mama Parker said...

I love that bed! I too am looking forward to being able to lay in bed with Bella instead of the floor.

Okay, I totally SOL'd (snorted out loud) at your dad falling in the bush. If you would have said he got hurt, then I wouldn't have laughed. I swear. :)