Wednesday, July 28, 2010

State Fair

I haven't been to the California State Fair in forever. I have avoided it mostly because of the cost but I had a free weekend and wanted to take the girls up there. I called Au Bob and we left in the afternoon for a trek to the fair. I bought our tickets online earlier in the day and explained to Diana that if anyone asked her how old she was, she was to tell them that she was 4. I wasn't trying to pay $8 for a 5-year-old to attend the state fair...that's insane. She was free if she was 4, so she was 4 for the day.

Diana rode some rides, Amy stayed in the comfort of her stroller for most of the day, we participated in crafts and ate some great food. It was a fun day and though no one can possibly do that fair in one day, I would definitely go back next year!









2 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

Diana looks really scared of her tomato friend. And Amy is so excited that Solano won the blue ribbon!!! What a fun (AND HOT) day it was!!!

Mama Parker said...

So funny about Diana pretending to be 4! For 6 months or so I always felt guilty taking Isabella to the zoo and still pretending that she was 2, and not 3, because she was free. I was paranoid that someone would ask her how old she was and I'd be so embarassed. Looks like a great day!