Monday, March 12, 2012

Surprised? So am I

What does one write about when she hasn't written for five months? It's been a little busy around our neck of the woods and blogging hasn't even been on my radar. But tonight is a little funny in the Borchert house. After attending the local 100th Girl Scout Anniversary celebration downtown earlier tonight, I came home and put the girls to bed. Thirty minutes later, Matt was headed to bed because he's sick. That left me, at 8:30 p.m., alone sitting on the couch with my laptop, working on a project. I got a phone call from some politico lady who wanted 15 minutes of my time but I said no. I tried to kill time on Facebook, but it annoys me. I read my sister's blog which I haven't read in probably a year (sad, I know), read my blog which I haven't read in months and decided that I had a couple of minutes to write.

I'm busy. Too busy? Maybe. Working mom. Girl Scout leader. Coach's Wife. Taxi driver. There are a lot of little titles that I own in between those titles. I didn't necessarily enjoy every minute of being a stay-at-home mom, but man I had time to do things. I can barely find time to clean the house, do laundry, cook dinner now. I think it's because as my kids get older, they are involved in more activities. And I love that they are involved in activities. My dream of having a Girl Scout has come true. I love being a Girl scout leader. It's a lot of work but it's so rewarding. And Diana loves it too. She's so into it. And Amy loves her Saturday gymnastics class. I can't believe how good she is. She pulls herself up on that little bar and just dangles there. I am perfectly happy wearing myself out day after day to ensure that my little people are healthy and happy.
That's what it's all about right?
One of these days I will have time to myself...oh wait, I just had time to myself. See you in another five months!

3 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

When you left a comment on my blog, I was hoping you would have a new blog post! A YEAR of not reading my blog? You have missed so much!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.