Monday, August 03, 2009

Who's that guy?


I have been visiting Amy in the hospital every weekday since I left the hospital last Wednesday. My mom (the angel) has been driving me up to Walnut Creek and back. It's been nice to have the bonding time with my daughter. She's graduated to a bottle so I have been able to feed her. Today, she did great with the bottle for me so I left there a very happy Momma. My mom is busy at work this week so I had a new chauffer - Matt! Because he had basketball camp last week, he hasn't seen Amy in over a week. Amy was definitely interested in the new, male voice that was talking to her this morning when we went down to visit. She opened her eyes a ton more than normal (she loves to sleep) and was trying to figure out who the person with the short hair was sitting with us when we were cuddling. It was pretty funny.
I talked to one of the doctors/nurses about two hours ago about Amy and she was telling me what great progress Amy is making there. She told me that she is ready to be transferred to Vallejo whenever we give the OK. I told her that we would like to keep her in The Creek for as long as we can till she comes home. I don't want to have to get used to a whole new set of doctors and nurses, especially if Amy is only going to be in the hospital for a little while longer (which is what one NP has told us). Amy is eating really good and once she becomes more consistent with her feedings, she will be able to come home. Here is the first picture of our new little girl sitting with Matt this morning. She's 11 days old!

5 comments:

Mama Parker said...

AWESOME!! I hope she gets to come home SOON!!

Michelle MGD said...

Amy!!!! She looks great! Her face is for sure getting more "life" to it. I can't wait to see her next week. That picture is adorable. Even Uncle Chrissy said "awwwwwww".

Orshi said...

Amy is gorgeous! Glad to hear she is doing great! Can't wait to meet the little angel!

Lindsay said...

:) So sweet!!!

robertsfamof5 said...

Congrats Goody! Sorry your baby has had problems. We have gone through that with our twins. It is tough, but they come out as healty as can be. Congrats again!