Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dedicated to the Ones I Love

I have never taken my family for granted. I have a great support system around me and am very lucky to live close to all my family and friends. This was never more evident than last week when my second daughter decided she was ready to come into the world. Since it was a week ago and I really don't want to blog about the details of her being born (since I have recapped it so much over the last week), I will just send a shout out to everyone in my family for being great.
My husband, of course, is the most awesome. By my side during the c-section and then at home with Diana, making sure that she had normalcy in her life over the past week. He took her to school and soccer and made sure that she knew she wasn't forgotten or out of our minds when Amy came. He's a rock. He had basketball camp this week and with me staying with Amy in the hospital all the way in Walnut Creek, he was basically a single dad for a few days. He was tired, I'm sure, but didn't show it. I can never repay him for being so awesome.
My mom, dad and sister provided overwhelming amounts of love and support over the past week. They drove me to the hospital at 4 a.m. (mom) and then drove to visit without even a second thought throughout the weekend (all three). There's not a greater family in the world and I love them all so much.
I have to also give a shout out to my BIL who got to knock fists with his new niece. I'm sure in no time he will have her turned upside down and laughing hysterically just like he does with Miss Diana.
I was also overwhelmed by the support sent out by my co-workers. Four years ago, when Diana was born, I got lots of support from work types. But now I work with all women and I have gotten flowers, text messages, phone calls and lots of prayers sent my way from moms who know what we as a family are going through. I am truly blessed.
I am truly a very lucky Momma. Not only do I have two great daughters who continue to surprise me every day, I have the greatest family and friends in the world.
I am back at home now, but visiting Amy every day in Walnut Creek. She's doing wonderfully! Like I said, she continues to surprise me every day and is eating like a horse - or a Borchert! :)

4 comments:

Mama Parker said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. Sweet little Amy is so precious and has so much hair! Can't wait to hear all about her!!

Michelle MGD said...

anything you need sister, I'll be there to help!!! So happy I was able to share those moments with you at the hospital! Love ya!!

Amy Collins said...

Wow, Angela, first of all congratulations on your precious little girl!! (love the name hehe). I seem to recall you were not due until the end of the summer? So I'm assuming she was born prematurely? I know how difficult that can be. We had our 2nd daugther 3months early. It sounds like you have a wonderful support system around you, that is awesome. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Lindsay said...

What a nice blog entry! What a neat family indeed!!!