Friday, October 23, 2009

November 16

For the past three and a half months, it's been my choice whether or not I want to take a shower in the morning. I could skip breakfast if I wanted to because I was either too busy or just didn't need to have anything. The couch started out as my BFF then turned into my worst enemy. The same can be said for our chair. I have learned that many women I know are stay-at-home moms and I am very jealous of them. But I know that I can't join their company because I have to work.
So...on November 16, I will return to the workforce. I officially gave that date to my boss and the HR department the other day. I am looking forward to being around adults every day because I miss all the people I work with. I really love my job and look forward to writing stories about all the wonderful people who work at our company. (I can say "our" company because I own stock).
It's gonna be real hard to be away from Amy and put her in daycare because Diana wasn't in daycare until she was almost 2 1/2 years old and I loved the time we spent together in the mornings before work.
I will try not to think about someone else feeding Amy, putting her down for a nap, reading to her and cuddling with her. As long as I can provide for my family financially that's the most important thing. And since I am going to be getting out of the house and into a normal routine, that will keep me a little more mentally healthy and energized for the end of the day and weekends with my family.
So, the countdown to November 16 begins. I will take advantage of every moment I have left in this house during the day and appreciate every moment I have with Miss Amy in the day time.

3 comments:

Shaylyn said...

I know it will be hard to leave Amy but I am looking forward to having you back in the office. I miss randomly chatting with you throughout the week! We all miss you and hopefully we will make your re-entry back into the workforce as smooth as possible! :)

Michelle MGD said...

This made me cry! Amy is going to be fine but I know it will be hard for you guys. Just love on her lots!!!

Orshi said...

It will be hard, but you will be fine! Amy will be very well taken care of at daycare. Alex will watch over her! It was really hard for me too, I cried every day for a week after I returned... but as you said, we have to do what is best for our family!
Great to see you today!