Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Greatest Night of Their Lives

Even though my kids are older now, there are still a lot of firsts that we encounter. A couple of weekends ago, we took the girls to the aquarium for the first time (Diana went when she was 14 months, but that doesn't count because she doesn't remember it). Firsts bring so much joy to parents because of the reactions, excitement and suspense that come with them. A woman at work gave me four free vouchers to Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey circus for Friday night so I immediately jumped on that. No matter that it was going to be a little stressful having to drive home from Sacramento after work, pick up the girls and drive back to Sacramento for the show. It was going to be worth it, I concluded. I remember going to the circus as a kid and it truly is the greatest show on Earth. But that was forever ago. I had no idea what I was getting myself, or my kids, into by going to the circus this past weekend. We got there just as the show was starting and the girls ran up the stairs to our seats. They were blown away with the lights and the singing and the performances. I could sit here and recount every performance, every moment and every "That was amazing!" that came out of Diana's mouth that night, but you would lose interest. The girls never took their eyes off the show and sat on the edge of their seats the whole time. Diana loved the acrobats - it was hard to see the trapeze artists from where we sat and we tried to move so we could see better to no avail. She thought it was awesome that one of the artists leaped off the swing, bounced on the net right back onto the swing. I've never seen her smile so big. She was screaming in amazement. Amy loved the animals - the elephants, the tigers, the leopard, the lion, the dogs. I could go on...there were plenty. The performing dogs were hysterical and the girls will never forget them. I could've done without the horses and the "acrobats" performing death-defying stunts on them. They are truly crazy and have a death wish. Why, then, could I not take my eyes off? Luckily that was at the end of the show and Amy had to go to the bathroom so we missed most of the "good stuff." Ringling Bros. has been around for decades and maybe even centuries and it will always be highly entertaining for families. I am so grateful for the generous people in the community that provided the vouchers and my kids for making me feel like an awesome mom for bringing them!

1 comment:

Global travel agents said...

a wonder, Ancient houses on cliff wall, http://www.somechina.com/t0028