Sunday, June 08, 2008

Awesome wedding

My sister is officially Michelle Daggett! Wow. It was a great wedding and reception. What an awesome party. I took a ton of photos, 61 of which are posted on my Smugmug. Just click on the link on the side of the blog and you can see them. Diana did great at the wedding. She took a minor short cut to the front where the bridesmaids were but Daddy came to the rescue and steered her in the right direction. She walked down by herself though, stood right next to me for about five minutes, then sat quietly with Gramma V the rest of the time. At the reception, we took her dress off and she hit the dance floor.
She started out just jumping up and down, but then it turned in to a full on booty shake. There was a little 6-year-old girl who was teaching her how to dance and Diana picked up on it like a star! She's Britney in the making! I don't know how I feel about that.
Well, she danced till 10 p.m.! She stole the show! Before I gave my speech to Michelle and Chris, she looked up at me and said "Mommy, Dance!" I said "Ok in a little bit." She took a cake break later in the night and while she was eating cake, she looked on the dance floor and said "Whoa, Mommy, Look at all those people." I think "Jump Around" was playing or something. She finished the cake and got right back out there. It was hilarious! I hope that this doesn't mean she's going to be some party girl.
Tonight, before we went to bed, I put some music on the television and said "Diana, you want to dance?" Her eyes got all big and we danced in the living room to Chris Brown's "Run It." She cried when we had to stop. I don't think I can keep up with her if she's gonna keep dancing like this.

No comments: