Thursday, June 05, 2008

M&Ms really work

I am not going to write a detailed report about this, but let's just say that Diana made a major turning point in potty training last night.
She went (actually went pee-pee, not just sitting there) twice at school on Wednesday (and was rewarded with stickers) and then twice at home yesterday. She is being rewarded for sitting on the toilet (one M&M) and going (five M&Ms).
Right before her bath last night, she was holding her "area" and said "Mommy, change diaper." Well, since she was completely naked, I thought "Oh man, she has to go." I picked her up and sat her on the toilet. She was extremely quiet (very unusual for her when she sits on the toilet) and then all of a sudden, "tinkle, tinkle." I looked down and she was peeing in the toilet. "Mommy, I go pee-pee!" I screamed down to Matt, "Daddy! Tinkle, Tinkle!" He replied with "Tickle tickle? or Tinkle Tinkle?" I said "NO, Tinkle Tinkle!" He came up with five M&Ms and Diana ate them while she sat on the toilet. I know, real sanitary, huh? Matt said we were having a potty party!
Hopefully, this wasn't just a case of one-hit wonder. I know we still have a long way to go, but it was pretty awesome.

No comments: