Sunday, June 15, 2008

What doing, Mommy?

When people ask me how old Diana is, I say "Almost three."
They then ask if she's into the "Why?" stage. No, I respond.
Here's the stage she's in: "What doing, Mommy?"
Diana loves to be in the know. She's a busy body like me. Even though half the time she knows exactly what I am doing, she asks anyway. She never asks "Why?" At least she hasn't yet. I prefer the "What doing, Mommy?" stage because I can make her tell me what I am doing.
For instance, this weekend, we bought Diana some new PJs. I was putting them all away tonight after Diana woke up from her nap. As she's sitting in her crib, she asks "Mommy, what doing?"
"Diana. What does it look like I am doing?"
I know...I am losing patience a little, but I don't want the girl to not be able to figure things out for herself the rest of her life.
She responds with "Putting PJs away."
There are times when she really doesn't know what I am doing, so I tell her. I don't want you to think that I am totally losing my patience.
When a kid asks "Why?" you have to tell them because they literally don't know. I am sure Diana will get to the "Why?" phase someday, but for now, I can handle "What doing Mommy?"

3 comments:

Amy Collins said...

I know exactly where you are at. I go throught the same thing with Cambree all the time. I think they just have to ask so they can get your attention, because they know what we are doing...so fun!!!

Michelle MGD said...

She is nosy like her Au Bob!!! hahahahaha.

Orshi said...

What doing now Ang?
Tee hee
Someday, when I have kids, I will call you for advice. :)