Friday, January 23, 2009

Been a while

As if I didn't already know that I haven't blogged in a long time, Matt actually pointed it out the other night when he opened the laptop to the internet and our blog came up. He said, "You haven't blogged in a lot of years." ('Years' being an expression we have for 'A very long time.') I said 'I know, I know.'
Life has been busy. With Matt's basketball season in full swing, I just get tired and lazy. I haven't been running that much which has probably contributed to my tiredness. I am planning on doing a 5K in Davis on Feb. 8 with Michelle and my dad so hopefully I will be ready. I have a new workout plan on the refridgerator but haven't stuck to it very well.
As for Miss D, she started ballet class two weeks ago. I will post pictures on my SmugMug when I get a chance. She absolutely loves it! And she does so well. She's the oldest in her class, which is mostly made up of 2-year-olds. Because Diana is in a class setting all day, she's used to listening to the teacher and paying attention so she makes us so proud with her attentiveness. We don't get to see how she behaves in preschool so it brought a tear to our eyes the first week of class when she just marched out there and was dancing around. She helps the teacher clean up after each exercise (that's not really surprising at all because she's done that since before she could walk).
Diana is also into the Annie movie and any little girl who was born in the late 70s, early 80s knows the addiction that comes with that movie. Diana is so into it. She loves the singing and the dancing. She thinks Miss Hannigan is silly. Matt is a little worried about the sexual innuendo, but I told him not to worry... she's three, she has no idea what's going on.
Diana loves the music in the movie so much that she sings "Tomorrow" as she's trying to fall asleep and her teacher at school said that she was singing it in school all week.
Diana is just the sweetest little thing. She's really developing into a wonderful little girl!
And curious to boot. The "Why?" phase has begun and the "What song is this, Mommy?" phase is in full swing. I'm surprised neither of us has lost our minds yet, but I'm sure it's not far off.

Matt's team won again tonight. That makes six wins in a row. We have a big week next week. Two more road games, starting the second round of conference and play the two teams that we lost to the first time around. Hopefully we can get some redemption, win the rest of our games and at least tie for the conference title. That would be remarkable!
The team is playing better and really starting to click on the court. Some players have really stepped it up and it's been fun for me to watch.

2 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

More pictures of dance class!!! I am so glad Diana loves Annie. I wish she remembered Nanny because Nanny got me that movie way back when I was little.

Mama Parker said...

you're back! i was wondering where you were. i love being able to share things that we love with our children. it's great to pass down the classics.

so sweet of diana singing "tomorrow" before bed.

dance sounds like fun!!