Friday, January 23, 2009

Honest Scrap

My sister put me down for this Honest Scrap award so I guess I will amuse her and play along. I am supposed to list 10 honest things about myself. Well, it said at least 10 honest things. I am also supposed to link to 7 other blogs. Not gonna do that because I have a list over to the left of my favorite blogs (which I need to clean up by the way because it was for my reference only and I don't even visit those photographer's blogs anymore).

Here are at least 10 honest things about me:
1. I used to have a belly ring. I took it out when I was a couple months pregnant with Miss D.
2. I did my first half-marathon this October with my sister and sister-in-law. It kicked my butt!
3. I have a huge love for college basketball but am starting to develop a little respect for the NBA.
4. I don't think that the Golden State Warriors will ever be good again.
5. I truly think that Miss D will go to Stanford in 14 years.
6. I am grateful every day that I have a job and it's a job that I love.
7. I am going to keep a watchful eye on our new president and read every article that I can on his daily happenings.
8. I think I am a really good mom.
9. For the first time in years and years, I made some New Year's Resolutions. Though they are not very daring, they are goals that I would like to keep.
10. I can't think of No. 10 so I will mention that my favorite movie is the Back to the Future trilogy. :)

7 comments:

"V" said...

#4 is just flat out wrong!

Michelle MGD said...

You ARE a really good mom. I love reading about you. Even though you are my sister, I learn something from your blog every time I read it.

"V" said...

I agree with Michelle. Why are you a GREAT mom? What do I see? You: allow her to make mistakes and give her unconditional love even if she's having a bad/hard time; let her be herself and march to her own drummer as much as is safe; keep to a schedule to provide security; give her time to do things on her own even though it takes three times as long; provide opportunities for her to experience new things and people while not pushing her; have fun with her and make her laugh; and most important, you let her stay at Grandma V's house even when you're not sure what goes on there!!!

Mama Parker said...

You are a great mom!

i used to have a belly ring too and also took it out when I was pregnant with bella. never put it back in.

Orshi said...

You are awesome and I am glad we are friends. I hope you can give me some pointers on how to be a grat mom like you.

Lisa said...

I think I might have to take out my belly ring soon! So sad...it's such a part of me!

Orshi said...

i'm borrowing this idea, ok?