Saturday, September 19, 2009

Comcast Rocks

Last weekend, Comcast installed a new feature -- caller ID on the television. If your television is on and the phone rings, a little screen pops up on the television to tell you who it is. This is great because even though I am on the Do Not Call list, I still get 10 calls a day from telemarketers and survey companies. Comcast is promoting this feature as good for men who don't want to be interrupted during ballgames, but this is a great feature for moms who don't want to be interrupted during the day when they are feeding their newborn. I like to have the television on all the time - to watch, yes. But for background noise. With Matt gone a lot of nights during basketball season, it blocks out the neighborhood noises and wind which sometime freaks me out. So during the day, the television is on - usually with some re-run of Golden Girls or Beverly Hills, 90210.
Comcast's new feature gives me just one more reason to have the television on all the time.
I can sit in the chair, feeding Amy or rocking her back to sleep and see who called. If it is a telemarketer, I don't have to worry about checking the voice mail later. if it's a family member, I will either get up and answer it, check the voice mail later or call them back when my hands are free. We don't have that many family members who call at home right now anyway, but the feature is great and it's just another reason that I love Comcast!

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

We were very excited about this feature and can't wait to get phone service through Comcast so we can see names on the screen. I also heard you guys are finally getting a dvr? Welcome to 2009!