Friday, September 04, 2009

Goodbye cute clothes

For a couple weeks now, my closet has been exploding everytime I open it. Maternity clothes fly off hangers and off the shelves in the closet. OK, I get it, you want out! I must admit that I really don't need to wear them anymore. I was weighed at my six-week checkup the other day and am just eight pounds heavier than when I first found out I was pregnant. Pretty cool, huh?
Anyway, I have been telling myself for weeks now that one of the things on my to-do list was to get rid of the awesome maternity clothes that I have and re-organize my closet - giving my regular clothes their hangers back.
I did it today. I got an extra large Space Bag and put them all away. I also just sent an email to every woman in my email address book asking if they knew what I could do with these clothes. I don't want to donate them to Goodwill because I don't know that they will do anything with them. Does Goodwill have a maternity section? I was only pregnant for 7 1/2 months so the clothes weren't even worn that much. And I have to dress nice for work so they are really nice clothes.
I am excited to get back to my normal clothes (even though I won't wear them until I get back to work).
During my pregnancy I threw away all the sale postcards I got from New York and Company - didn't need them, right? Well, they are still coming...as are the emails. I hate New York and Company now. I want to shop there oh so badly, but can't. I have to wait till I start working again. Luckily, they don't really have anything that jumps out at me, but the offers of free shipping are really hard to pass up. I have good will power though!
If anyone knows what I can do with these maternity clothes, please advise!

2 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

You and your super slim body. I am so jealous. I know, I know. I should stop eating crap. I'll get there. I hope you find a place for your clothes!!!

Heather said...

See if there's a women's shelter in the area that might take donations.