Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And she's off..

Diana started kindergarten today. We had a fun morning and started lots of traditions!
I stayed home from work so I could walk her to school because it's only 1/4 mile down the street.
This morning, she opened her schultute. It's a German first day of school tradition and I have adopted it as well. Hey, Matt's part German, so that counts, right? There were all kinds of goodies in it. She said she didn't have a favorite, that she liked everything in it.



Then we took a picture outside before we walked over. Thanks to neighbor Heather for snapping a couple pics.



Then Diana obliged and took some photos outside of her classroom where we patiently waited for her teacher to open the door. Diana was posing the whole time. I hope other parents don't think she's a model or something. On a side note, she's the only blonde in the class (as of the first day, that is).




I sadly walked home by myself after the teacher asked the kids to stay bye to their parents. A couple little girls cried like crazy but not mine! We blew kisses and said see ya later. I can't hardly believe it.
My sister called me while I was in the classroom and I texted her on my way home that she would have to give me an hour or so before I called her back because if I called right away, I would start bawling! :)

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

The picture of the two of you is seriously adorable. She is starting to look so much more like you! And dude, we are part German!!! :)

I'm so glad it was a good drop off to school. Its only 3:07 so I hope the first day is 100% successful. 1 day down, 12 years to go!