Monday, December 27, 2010

Sister Friends

One great thing about staying home is being able to see a huge bond develop between Amy and Diana. When they were in separate day cares, they barely got to see each other during the day. The only time they got to see each other was at night when we all got home from work. It was only a couple hours during dinner and then play time after that.
Now, they are with each other all day for the most part. They have breakfast together, play before Diana goes to school and then we pick up Diana from school (which Amy loves - it's the highlight of her day).
Sure, they have their moments when they are playing together when they don't get along. Amy will take something that Diana is playing with and D gets upset or vice versa, but there are a lot of moments when I hear them laughing together and having a great time.
These are the moments I am grateful for. The moments that I am glad I am here to witness my girls developing a special relationship that will hopefully last a lifetime. I know that they are young and that things might change when/if I get a job someday, but for now...I am very glad that they have the chance to play together and share this time with one another.

No comments: