Monday, April 11, 2011

Six months and counting

I have been unemployed for six months now.
In that short (er, long) time I have taken up several hobbies to keep me busy. I am not the type to sit around the house and wait until Oprah comes on at 4 p.m. I developed a love for baking and cooking. Cupcakes fascinate me and I have tried several recipes. If you want to be my taste-tester, I would love to bake some for your event or just because. Please...keep me busy! The only thing I ask when being my taste-tester is that you are completely honest. If you don't like it, tell me. I won't take it personal.
I have pulled out the Crock Pot a lot in the last six months and though it's convenient, helpful and easy, there are not too many things that kids will eat out of a crock pot. The one thing that I have made, and made my own alterations to, is a lasagne. It's really good and very easy.
Since I am stuck inside most of the day, I have to look at these boring off-white walls all day. I took it upon myself to paint our bathroom Summer Sky and love it. I need to apply another coat because the more I inspect it every morning in the shower, the more I realize what a poor job I did.
The next project was giving Amy her own room. The poor girl has been sharing her room with the office for almost two years now and it was about time for her to have her own space. I am in the middle of turning the playroom downstairs into our office/playroom. It's quite an undertaking, has involved a couple trips to IKEA and various discount stores in the area but I can't wait to share pics when it's done. That project also involved painting one wall white. I had to put three coats on the wall to finally get it even. That was frustrating and I will never paint anything white again.
Once the playroom project is done (hopefully soon) I am going to paint the girls' bathroom Cosmic Blue. They have a ducks theme in their bathroom and I think a blue would really put some life in the room and give it some personality.
I have other projects on my list, most of which involve painting, so keep checking back to hear all about them. I will add pictures as well soon.

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

So happy to read a Bochert Basketball blog entry!! Your house looks great and the playroom is an amazing transformation. Painting can be a pain but the pay off is worth it. :) Hang in there!!