Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The greatest little family

I am a lucky lady. I know everyone thinks they are lucky to have their family whether it be a husband, kids, parents. But this week, I feel especially lucky to have my family.
Diana is a constant source of humor for Matt and I. I know that lately I have been somewhat of a downer because the so-called terrible threes are approaching and she's been a bit of a challenging kid lately. But she's a great kid!
She picks up a lot of bad habits at school. It's inevitable. Everyone told us when she started school that she would learn how to hit and bite, etc. And sure, she's picked up some things that I have to teach her not to do at home. But there are a ton of good things that she does that are definitely a blessing.
Like talking. She's learned to talk a lot more because it's a survival technique at school. She's learned how to sit on the toilet and have some patience while waiting to see if she has to pee. The biggest thing though has been her music class.
Diana's teacher is so proud of her because of the incredible strides she's made in music class once a week. She's really come out of her shell and started to participate more. We listen to her music CD in the car ALL THE TIME. And I actually like it. There's some fun songs on there.
But this morning was probably the most classic. I don't know if Diana was dreaming about music class or what, but she greeted Matt this morning with "Hi Daddy. Wiggle Waggle."
All morning it was "Wiggle Waggle, Wiggle Waggle."
I asked her, "Diana, did you learn Wiggle Waggle at school?"
She said yes and then made the gesture that she makes when referring to her music class.
"Oh," I said. "You learned that in Music class?"
She said an emphatic yes and said "Wiggle Waggle."
So, all the way to school this morning, we said wiggle waggle. Who knew that saying wiggle waggle would be so much fun to say in the morning? I suggest trying it!

Also, I do have the greatest husband. I am so very proud of him for doing our taxes all by himself this weekend. He's never done that and while I sense that it was a source of great stress, he did it with flying colors!
He's got the week off school and when I got home on Monday, the house was clean and the plumbing situation was getting resolved. And, while I worked out, he cooked dinner and fed Diana. I definitely don't take for granted that he's a great Dad and husband. I am very appreciative of everything he does around the house and in life to take care of us!

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

You do have an amazing family. And Diana is an incredible little person. That story put a huge smile on my face.