Monday, March 03, 2008

All good things must come to an end...

The season is over. And though Solano lost on Saturday to Siskiyous and there were parts of the game that were frustrating and sad, I thought the girls played really well. I was extremely proud of their effort the entire game and they were very pumped up before and during the game. Even at the end, the girls on the bench were chanting "Defense" and cheering for the sophomores who finished the game off.
Before the game started, it started snowing so it was really fun to see the girls get to experience snow for the first time and get to play in it if only for three seconds during a water break. :)
We had a pretty good amount of fans that made the drive to see the game: My dad, Jan and Carl, Leilanie's family, Brandi's dad and Natalie's family. It was awesome to have that support even though we played the farthest away we could have possibly played. The Siskiyous crowd was good too. It seemed like the whole town of Weed was there!
I am really excited to see where the sophomores end up going to school next year and to have these freshmen come back next year. I think recruiting is going well too so it should be fun also to see who decides to join the Solano family.
I have a short week this week because I am headed to Phoenix for the Town Hall meeting on Friday and Saturday. I am really excited about it. It should be a ton of fun!

No comments: