Friday, March 28, 2008

Casual Friday

Casual Friday is not something that should be practiced at all offices around the country. For instance, where I work. Our CEO and Founder doesn't allow us to wear denim to work. NEVER. I totally understand that and have never argued that. We are a professional workplace, a major company, and we should look professional. You never know who is going to get a tour of this place and we should always look nice.
I had a doctor appointment today and when the nurse called my name, I looked up and almost stopped in my tracks.
She was wearing tight jeans, white tennies and a white hooded sweatshirt that she got on a recent vacation (I can't remember the tourist destination that was printed across the front). How am I supposed to know that she's a nurse? If I saw her walking around the office building, I would never know that she was a nurse. She was dressed exactly like the woman who was cleaning the garbages around the same office. Oh, wait. That woman was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt.
So, because she was at least wearing white to work, I am supposed to assume that she is a nurse. How do I know that jeans, tennies and a hooded sweatshirt isn't the attire for the people who clean the garbages? The "nurse" could've been a garbage cleaner and was filling in for my nurse who went to the bathroom or something.
I allowed her to take my BP and all that other stuff, but I was leary. She then proceded to sit me in an empty room.
"Wait here until an exam room opens up. I didn't want to leave you in the waiting room and make you think we forgot about you."
I swear, those were her exact words.
So, she thinks that the nurses would forget about me in a WAITING ROOM? There were dozens of people sitting in there after she called my name. Are they still sitting there waiting for their appointment or did they get called back eventually? The whole process was weird.
I am thinking about changing my doctor so I never have to go to that office building again.

No comments: