Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I, E, O, O, B

For the most part, Diana can sing the alphabet. It's very fun to sing it with her because at the end, when you say "next time won't you sing with me" we get very loud with our "me" and we say "me, ME, MEEEEEEEE!" It's a riot.

She's not succeeding so much with her numbers. She knows how to hold up 1-5 on her fingers, but counting in English has not been a success.

When she counts, she says "I, E,O,O,B." She's done it for a while now and we can't convince her to say "1,2,3,4,5."

The other night, I was taking her barettes out of her hair and said, "Oh, you have two black barettes today, huh?" She responded with, "Yeah, I,E" as in "1,2."
This girl definitely has her own way of doing things.

On a side note: When I went to pick her up from school yesterday, they were just getting ready to go play outside. Diana ran over to me and buried her head in my lap after I leaned down to say hi. She seemed very sad. I asked Miss Monica if Diana had a good day and she said oh yeah, very good.

I asked Diana what was wrong, but nothing. Then Miss Monica said "Well, we were about to go outside, so maybe she's upset that she can't play outside." OH, Duh!

"Diana," I said, "Do you want to play outside?"

"Yes," she said...still very sad.

"Well, we can go play outside at home if you want," I said.

"No home, Mommy."

"You want to play outside here for 10 minutes and then I will come back and get you?"

"yeah," she said and then took her jacket out of my hand and went and hung it back up on the hanger. I took the hint, waited out in the lobby for 10 minutes and then went and got her. She was happy to see me this time.

From the sports world: So sad about Stanford. Not a great way to end a wonderful season. Hopefully some of the girls get in better shape and are ready to go and make another run next year.

No comments: