Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Better Spanish than English?

Matt just called me at work on his way to take Diana to school and he said "Did you know that Diana can count to five in Spanish?"
Uh, no.
Sure enough, he holds the phone up to her and says..."Uno" She replies, "Dos." Matt: "Tres...Cuatro." Diana: "Cinco."
I love KinderCare! Diana blows me away everyday. She's also now saying the last half of the alphabet. So when you sing A-K, she can get the tones right for L-Z. And sometimes, when she is totally immersed in her kitchen or trains, you can hear her singing it to herself.
I have heard people that go on shows like American Idol and other competitions say they have been singing since they were 2. I always thought, "Wow. They were really singing words to songs at that age? That's amazing!"
Now I know what that means. Not actual words for the most part, but humming and trying to sing. Diana does this on a daily basis. Our child will be on American Idol one day...just watch!
On top of all that, she won a coloring contest at a local bank yesterday. Granted, there were only like four entries and we don't know exactly what the word "won" means, but they want to take her picture for their newsletter so we are going to pick up her prize this afternoon!
On another note...
Go Stanford!!!! What a great game last night. An inspired performance that brought tears to my eyes. There isn't a player more deserving of going to a Final Four than Candice Wiggins. Maybe now Stanford will get the respect it deserves. I am really looking forward to this weekend's games!

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

Your child is amazing. That is so cute. I will have to come by Saturday to listen to her spanish. Call me tonight and tell me her prize!