Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day always falls during the U.S. Open golf tournament. So Matt pretty much requests that we stay out of his way. No, those aren't his words, but Diana and I do our best to keep things quiet around the house so Matt can cheer for Tiger Woods very loudly during the day.
We gave Matt his present on Saturday (we were very excited), went to a baby shower and went swimming and played the rest of the weekend. Matt had quite an extensive dinner menu that he wanted and it required three trips to the store because I kept a)forgetting something; b) inviting people over the house and c)running out of supplies.
For Father's Day, Diana and I got Matt a 9-burger slider maker. It's from Cost Plus so you can go online and check it out. It's awesome and makes great little burgers (especially for little Diana fingers) but it's a bee-atch (excuse the harsh language) to clean up. Matt actually injured himself cleaning it for the third time in one night. (Totally not kidding).
It was a great Father's Day that I got to celebrate with my dad and my wonderful husband. We even got to eat outside in the backyard and watch Diana score many a soccer goal around Grandpa D! Good times!

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

Grandpa D got beat in soccer by a 4 year old!! haha. I wish I could have been there. I hate missing family time. Stupid job.