Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A growing girl

Amy had her four-month well check and shots yesterday and despite spending 2 1/2 hours at the doctor's office yesterday, I left a very happy Momma!
Amy is now 12 pounds which is great because you can actually see the chubs on this girl. It's so fun to just kiss her big ole tummy and grab her big ole thighs. I know some babies are born at 12 pounds and mine is four months and 12 pounds, but a healthy, happy girl is all I need!
She's also a whopping 24 inches. The doctor said that if she was a term baby (meaning if she was born at 40 weeks) she would be in the 90th percentile for height. Well, that's awesome! He suggested that she might be out of point guard status and possibly might be a power forward. That's great!
Now, I am not naive. I am a realist. I know that all that "percentile" talk is all just silliness. A kid's weight and height can't be determined or predicted from the time they are a baby. It's just silly. But...BUT...it's exciting to know that Amy might have inherited the tall gene. Especially considering how early she was born. I mean, she was three pounds at birth, but still 16 inches so that's a pretty long preemie.
All that really matters is that she is healthy. Amy isn't quite holding her head up all by herself all the time and she's certainly no where close to sitting up on her own so we can't quite start rice cereal yet. That's OK. The doctor said that we are doing everything right by talking to her, giving her things to play with and having her do tummy time, etc. That was definitely good news because as a mom of two, sometimes I feel like the little one doesn't quite get the attention she needs except when it's time to eat.
I really do miss my cuddle time with Amy and as week two at work comes to an end, I look forward to four days with my girls all to myself!

On a side note: Go Falcons this weekend! Please come home with three wins and a trophy!

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

Good job on getting chunky Amy!