Wednesday, February 20, 2008

American Idol...eh

I thought the boys did an OK job last night. Wait, I am calling them boys..they are men (well most of them at least).
My favorites were David Cook, David Archuleta (he's so adorable!) and the dread locks guy that I can't remember his name right now. They were original, creative and comfortable on stage. The other guys sang the exact song they chose that was recorded 40 years ago.
I am learning to side with Randy, Paula and Simon more when they get frustrated with the singers who sing the song exactly as it was recorded. This competition is about being creative and showing you deserve to be a recording artist. Show some spunk for crying out loud!
The excuse, "The song is a 60s song!" is so old. Make it your own! Haven't these contestants watched the show for the past eight years? Don't they hear what the judges preach year after year, contestant after contestant?
I hope the girls do a better job tonight. There are a ton of guys that should be voted off Thursday night but unfortunately only two will go.
I have decided that I am not voting until the Round of 12 starts.

No comments: