Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to work...

Not that I took any time off of work, but what a busy weekend we had. It was very hard to get up this morning (I ate very poorly this weekend and haven't run on the treadmill since Wednesday...YUK!).
Diana developed a cough this weekend so I am hoping I don't get a call from Kindercare today saying she has a fever. Coughs are always worse when she is lying down so I am hoping that she doesn't cough much today while she is running around playing and stuff.
I was so glad that Debbie came down this weekend...what a treat. She was quite the Oscars hostess. She brought prizes for our little Oscars predicition test and of course, she won! That's OK, she has much more time on her hands to get out and see movies. It was good to have her expert opinion on what movies Matt and I should watch once they come out on OnDemand! :)
Matt finds out about the playoffs today (we finished the season undefeated on Friday...it was great!). The phones were ringing off the hook yesterday. Since Matt is the president of the association and thus in charge of the meetings today, he had to field calls from all these coaches about how the system works and how he thinks the bracket is going to be filled out.
I am so proud of the girls, but I am also proud of Matt, the Coach of the Year. I thought this year was his best coaching year. He made great decisions on the sideline and I thought was much more confident in his decision-making abilities. It's been so much fun to watch him grow as a coach these past eight years. It's funny to say that because you never think that someone who has been coaching for half his life has to grow. He's become a truly great coach and I can't wait for the playoffs this weekend.
Go Solano!

No comments: