Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Weed, AI, Texting

No, I am not writing about drugs, the movie Artifical Intelligence or Allen Iverson.
Solano found out its playoff opponent on Monday - we are headed back to Weed on Saturday. We played Siskiyous earlier this season and lost, but the girls are pretty fired up about Saturday's game. I am excited because I get to drive up to the game with the team. I will take a lot of pictures and post them sometime next week so everyone can see the fun road trip. If memory serves, the gym there has really good lighting so I am hoping to also get some good photos of the game.
American Idol...it was better last night. I was glad to see that Chikezie stepped it up. What a turnaround from last week! But by far the best was David Archuleta. I wasn't surprised that Paula Abdul cried because that version of "Imagine" by John Lennon was impressive. He sang it flawlessly...I am downloading it on iTunes tonight. My favorite, David Cook, was awesome as well. I am still not voting though.
I have decided that I would prefer not to get text messages anymore. My cell phone is a piece of junk (to use a family-friendly word) and keeps flashing "memory full" on the screen. I have cleared out all the old messages in the sent and inbox, but it still is "screaming" at me in its own little way. Matt texts enough for the both of us anyway. :)
If you need to get a hold of me, just call, I would love to hear your voice!!

2 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

David Cook was good last night but I still like the guitar kid. I can never remember his name. I was also impressed by the little dude. That was a risky song choice but he pulled it off. Can't wait for Aunt Bob-Diana time on Saturday!

Amy Collins said...

Just a note about American Idol. I have been pretty satisfied who has been going home lately, so I too, don't see a need to vote. Most of the people should go home, some of them are not very good at all. David is one of my favorites, I guess we will find out if he is american idol material. Can't really hear him on the radio yet, but you never know.