Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break - Day 3

Most of Day 3 was spent indoors as Comcast decided to spend more than 2 hours at our house trying to fix our internet/cable/phone. There was no resolution. I was exhausted when it was over (too much technical jargon) so the girls took a nap, I did some chores and then shut my eyes for an hour.
After that, we made a trip out to my favorite baking supply store in Dixon and then to the library. I was more than pleased to find out that the library was having a preview to the Solano Youth Theatre production of "The Wizard of Oz" in the children's section. Diana loved watching the young actors and Amy loved to hear them sing. I was only a little disappointed because it was closing in on dinner time and the audience was sitting in the section where the books are that I check out for Diana. It was OK. I took Amy over to the picture book area and she had some fun.

After dinner, Diana and I made ice cream sandwiches. I bought sugar cookies the other day from Nugget and vanilla bean ice cream. A few years back, I purchased an ice cream sandwich maker from Pampered Chef. Matt and I used it all the time that summer (before we had kids) but haven't put it to use much since the kids have arrived.
It was a messy project, and Amy didn't really participate, but Diana loved it and I tried one of the sandwiches after the girls went to bed. Though the cookie part was a little hard, it was delicious!

Here's Diana cutting the cookie to the appropriate size for the sandwich maker:



Diana was very happy with our evening project:



I wrapped the sandwiches in saran wrap and put them in the freezer, for friends or for us later!

2 comments:

"V" said...

Fun, fun! Enjoy keeping up on your daily events!

Michelle MGD said...

Dang, I have one of those but I don't know where it is!! Gotta find it before summer!