Monday, November 20, 2006

Just need to vent

What a day I had (found out later that Matt's Monday wasn't much better).

I have been dealing with a new printer for all these media guides that I do for Solano. What a hassle they have been for the past two weeks. It's been one thing after another. They got me some media guides Friday, but turns out they were printed on the wrong paper. I was on the phone all morning trying to get things squared away with them.
In the meantime, I was on the computer trying to download some software for the photo sharing site I have. My computer lost the internet connection midway through so I have to start over another time. I might actually have to sit at the computer while it takes 26 minutes to download. I guess I should just get DSL and it will only take 2 minutes.
I called Gateway to see about returning a memory chip that I bought that turns out I don't need and can't use on my computer. The guy said that I only had 15 days to return it and it's way past that day. Too bad. Someone at work told me to keep calling, get another person on the phone and see if they will help me. What a waste of money otherwise. I guess I might be putting "256MB of RAM" on my Xmas list this year.
I get to work and my boss still hasn't made the schedule for this week. He hasn't decided who is going to work on Thanksgiving (it's likely going to be me) and he is taking Friday off in addition to our preps writer. We have two football games that Friday and will have some stringers covering them. Lame. If I work Thanksgiving though, I get another day off so I might head down to Visalia with Matt's team in a couple weeks. Hopefully they at least win the first game. :)

OK. I think I feel a little better. I did extend a nice gesture to the new reporter at work. She's from Brooklyn and I asked her if she would like to join us for Thanksgiving on Thursday. She said she would love to. She's super nice. She is also a Cowboys fan so I think she is going to love watching the game on HD.

No comments: