Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Some thoughts on College Basketball

This is why I love this blog. I can write stuff here and not have to worry about it being too short to fit a column space. I don't even know when I last wrote a column for work. Too busy with too many other things.

Anyway...So excited about college basketball season. Gonzaga! Yeah, I don't know any of those guys...except Ravioli...but they are fun to watch because they are Gonzaga and I lived in Spokane for a very short time.

Here's what I have to say about Bobby Knight. Bobby Knight is who he is. He's going to do stuff that most people don't agree with. To those people, I say, leave him alone. He's old, he's proven himself, just let him be. If you don't like how he coaches, don't send your kid to Texas Tech to play for him. Simple as that.
I am not a Bobby Knight fan...I live with a die-hard Bobby Knight fan though. I just roll my eyes whenever he does something stupid. It's not of any interest to me. SportsCenter spent too many hours discussing the Bobby Knight "made contact" with one of his players incident. The Texas Tech AD wrote it off, the kids' parents wrote it off. No biggie...Let's drop it.

Good job by Oral Roberts knocking off Kansas tonight. Big upset and big props to the mid-majors who I love dearly.

Last note: Go West Virginia...You are young, but you'll be OK!

No comments: