Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A cool new site for moms

My friends Dana and John (and their cutie son, JJ) moved to Washington, D.C., not long ago after John accepted a job with USA Today. Dana was content with being a stay-at-home mom but when an opportunity arose for her to earn some money and still be at home 90 percent of the time, she jumped on it.
She was recently hired by momslikeme.com, which I have come to find out is a great new web site for moms. I have been trying to go on and post to keep some topics fresh but it's been hard what with my training for the half marathon and all. I sent out an email to all the moms I know so hopefully they will sign up and we can share advice and keep in contact with each other's lives. The site is cool because it's broken down by region so I am linked on to the San Francisco part of the site, though, I believe, I can visit other parts and post comments, etc.

Please, please...if you get a chance, go to the site and check it out. It's free and what mom doesn't need some other friendly moms from around the country to share with?

On another note: RIP Matt Garcia. The Fairfield City Councilman was brutally shot on Monday night in a drive-by in Fairfield. He was 22 years old and things like this should not happen to someone who was trying to make a difference in the community where he was born and raised. I wasn't going to post anything here about it but I want to encourage readers (aka Michelle) to visit the Daily Republic and The Reporter's web sites to read the coverage in today's newspapers. The coverage and accompanying photos are excellent. To log on to the Daily Republic, use my username: asportgirl@yahoo.com; password: borchert.

Stop the Violence!

No comments: