Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Not busy enough

I need to do more crafts and activities with Diana at nights and on the weekends. I have been better at reading my parenting magazines lately as they have some great ideas in them for stuff to keep toddlers busy around the house.
Most of the projects have to do with recycling things around your house and I ran across a great one the other day. It involves hair bands (we have a ton of those), an empty toilet paper roll (I'm sure I could find one of those) and a toddler (got one of those!).
We keep all of Diana's hair products in her step stool in her bathroom. It's a mess of colorful rubber bands, hair brushes, combs, hair, scrunchies, etc. So disorganized and kinda gross. Something had to be done. So, I finished off a roll of toilet paper today and opened the new cloth hair bands (not rubber, those are horrible) I bought for Diana this past weekend. She had a ton of fun wrapping the hair bands on the empty roll.

So, this is where we will store her hair bands from now on. We cleaned up the rest of her step stool and it's super organized now. Her brush even fits inside the toilet paper roll.

When Matt got home tonight, she immediately ran to the top of the stairs and said "Daddy, we put my hair ties on the toilet paper." I have never seen him more confused! It was hilarious!
I plan on making a list of things Diana does at KinderCare that she seems to enjoy so we can do them at home on the weekends - painting, washing her Barbie in a tub, cutting magazines and gluing, etc.
It's sorta like a New Year's Resolution, I guess. Oh, and I am looking into dance classes for her as well.

2 comments:

Orshi said...

thats a great idea, I should do that with all my hairbands... oh wait, I don't use them now that my hair is short.

Mama Parker said...

Neat idea! What cute PJs!