Wednesday, September 17, 2008

M&Ms in the bath tub

It's been nearly three months that Diana has been potty trained and the teachers at KinderCare told us to give it "a few months" before she would start to go No. 2 in the toilet. We encouraged her to go No. 2 when we thought she was going to go in her underwear, but she really showed no interest. Which was fine. Hey, there are things I am not comfortable doing that I don't want to do. On the other hand, there are things I am not comfortable doing that I MUST do (that's a whole other blog post).

I digress. To make a long blog post short, Diana went No. 2 in the toilet last night. On her own free will, she came into the bathroom while I was getting her bath ready and announced that she had to go. I didn't think anything of it so she sat down and then I noticed out of the corner of my eye that she was "concentrating" a little harder than normal. I looked away to give her a little privacy and then sure enough...

I will spare the fine details so if you want to know the fine details, I will be more than happy to email you. I don't think it's necessary to post it here. We proceeded to have a party in the bathroom that concluded with Daddy bringing M&Ms into the bathroom. Diana ate them in the bath tub and she then paraded around the house saying "I went poopy in the toilet! I'm a big girl!"

Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Orshi said...

Congrats! What a cutie! Seen one poopy seen them all, right?

Michelle Burnett said...

Hey girl! It's been forever since I checked out your blog... I thoroughly enjoyed reading it today! Diana is a doll. And congrats on 6 years!

Mama Parker said...

I can't wait until those days! Yay Diana!