Thursday, September 04, 2008

Oh, Diana, you are so funny

I don't know where it comes from, but all of a sudden, Diana has got adult humor. Tonight, while I was washing my face and she was going back and forth from her room to my room playing and changing out of her school clothes, she stopped to watch me wash my face. (She's intrigued by me washing my face and Matt taking his contacts out).
She asked "Mommy, what doing?"
"Washing my face, hon."
She looked at me, tilted her head a little and said "Again?"
All I could do was laugh out loud. It was too funny. That was just the start.

As I was getting her bath ready later in the night and she was supposed to be getting out of her clothes, I walked into her room to find her sitting in her bed, lining up all her "buddies" against her pillow.
"Diana, whatcha doin'?"
"I'm lining them up, Mommy."
I noticed that one of her small ducks, who we call New Duck No. 2, was off to the side of the bed looking very sad to not be with his other companions.
"Well, what about New Duck No. 2, D?"
Without a hesitation, as if she had already put thought into it, she replies with...
"There's not enough space for New Duck No. 2, Mommy."
Again, I had to laugh out loud and then go downstairs to tell Matt. He proceeded to double over in laughter.
I came back up to find Diana putting New Duck No. 2 in a space in between the other buddies.
"I found some space, Mommy."

Too precious, had to share!

2 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

Aside from being funny, she is a nice little girl to find space for New Duck No. 2. I love reading these stories. Thanks for sharing.

Mama Parker said...

Aw! So cute!!