Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The countdown to the "Sanctuary"

One of Matt's players walked into the renovated gym for the first time last week so we could take team pictures and called it her sanctuary. She loved it. I loved it. It's wonderful. The lighting is the same as before (here's me speaking photography language now) but it's lighter in there now because the floor is a little whiter (probably because it's newer). The first thing I thought when I walked in was "team spirit." There is a big ole Falcon painted at half court, the words "Solano Falcons" on the actual floor near the hash marks and it's just big, blue and beautiful in there. The bleachers are awesome and when they are pushed in, one has "SCC" painted on it and the other has "Falcons" painted on it.
The team - and Matt - have waited a very long time and been delayed a lot as to when they are actually going to get in the gym and get to practice in there. The date has finally been set, Oct. 6. Hopefully I am not jinxing anything by posting this. I figure I write enough about me and Diana that I need to give a Matt update every now and then. So, he will be very happy to finally be in his gym on Monday and practice with his team on a regulation floor instead of at Solano Athletic Club where they have been practicing since school started. :)

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

I can't wait to see the gym!!!