Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Multi-tasking at its finest

I hope Matt doesn't get tossed from any more games in his career because it's really hard to text him updates, watch the game and take pictures all at the same time. It'd be one thing if the game hadn't been so close tonight but it was a thriller so when I did remember that I was supposed to be texting him, it had to be really fast at a timeout or something.
The girls ended up losing 73-69, but gave a valiant effort. They never got down by more than 7 for most of the second half and it felt a lot closer than that. The game was tied 61-61 with 6:40 to go and Fresno then went on an 11-0 run to pull ahead with about 2:30 to go. I thought it was over for sure. I packed up my camera (which was running out of battery and no good to me anyway) and moved away from the baseline. I talked to a "fan" for the final minutes and watched as Solano cut it to four points with 38 seconds left. That was all they wrote though. Like I said, it was a great effort. We should've beat Fresno. Missed opportunities. We caught them on a bad night though because they must have missed 15 layups and they only shot about 10 threes. But it's another learning experience...you watch film and learn.
It was nice to have Gramma V, Au Bob and Uncle Chris at the game tonight! Chris was getting a kick out of the Fresno coach during the game...he's quite theatrical and had Chris in hysterics. :)

1 comment:

Orshi said...

sorry i couldn't make it, first I forgot, then once I remembered it was too late to go. I'm still not feeling 100% well either.