Saturday, November 15, 2008

Opening Weekend


Basketball season has officially begun. Unfortunately, Matt's team lost their opener on Friday night though they played really well (I had to give some feedback so Matt made me watch film on Saturday morning before he left for the gym). I was very impressed with the team's hustle and heart. They played really hard and seemed to just be really nervous.
We won tonight...We beat Siskiyous who we lost to twice last year, including a playoff game. It was an AWESOME game. We got down big early but the girls fought back hard and showed lots of fight. They are so much fun to watch. Matt has some players on his team that are really flashy and dazzled the crowd. Oh, the crowd. Well, Matt's team was the first to play a game in the renovated gym so there was a couple hundred people at the game. It was so much fun! They were really into it and cheered the girls and booed the refs.
The starters threw t-shirts into the crowd during pre-game warmups, then Au Bob and I threw more into the crowd later in the second half (I am such a good wife).
I am putting a picture on here from after the game (If you want to see photos from the game, you can check my SmugMug site later in the week).
As is tradition for the past two years, Diana and Gramma V practiced their shooting afterwards. Diana also practiced with Au Bob and me for a little bit. She has everyone fooled because everyone was calling her a "baller." I just looked at them crazy because she NEVER shoots baskets at home when Matt or I try to play basketball with her.

1 comment:

Orshi said...

Congrats on the win, yaay team! Sorry we couldn't go tonight, have company over. Let me know when the next game is.