Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our weekend...where to start

We had lots planned for this past weekend and while we got it all accomplished, there are stories to tell.
We woke up at 6:15 a.m. on Saturday morning as Matt and I were running a 5k in the Davis Turkey Trot. We slowly got Diana up but since Gramma V was coming over that morning we knew she could sleep in a little. They would later meet us at the race.
Matt and I did a great job in the race. We ran together the whole way and he provided me some much needed encouragement over the last 400 meters. It was a great day for running as there was plenty of fog to keep us cool. We kicked butt.
Matt had to jet outta there because he had a game later that night to prepare for.
Mom, Diana and I stayed around to cheer for my sister who was running in the 10K. We had fun walking around Davis, lingering around the farmer's market (I highly recommend it, it's every Saturday all year long, rain or shine), playing in the parks and just enjoying one another's company.
We made our way over to the finish line to cheer Au Bob on over the last home stretch and she did great!
Later on, Diana did the 200 meter kids run (no, I didn't bring my camera...Yes, I am lame). She ran with Gramma V and had so much fun. She truly loves to run. All day long yesterday she was bragging about how fast she ran in her race and had to show us by running around the house. When I can, I will take a photo of her with her number and her finisher's ribbon. I hope she loves running for a long time. We may be on to something here!
After a quick bite to eat and a nap, Gramma V was back at the house to watch Diana for the rest of the night as I headed up to Santa Rosa to cheer on Solano in their fourth game of the season. Very long story short: We lost, Matt got ejected because he got two technicals. First time ever! That's OK...he's learned a lot from it. But, he can't coach in the game on Tuesday night so that kinda sucks.
Anyway, it was a good weekend.
We are all very excited about a short week this week (Diana and Matt have two days of work, I have two and a Half (hopefully)).

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

He can't coach Tuesday night? Can he be in the gym? Oh no! I didn't know there were such tight consequences for getting ejected. I'll still be there (with Uncle Tiss, hopefully) to cheer them along.