Saturday, November 29, 2008

My first Black Friday

I did it! I survived Black Friday and my Christmas shopping is done! Yes!
There were very few lines, except at Kohl's - my first stop. And since they were so organized, it wasn't that big of a deal and the line went super fast. When we left the store my mom asked, "Where next?" I said "Target, but I am a little scared to go there." We mapped out a plan and hit all my stores. Much to my surprise, I didn't have to wait in any lines anywhere else all day. I even went shopping today and the lines weren't that bad. I guess the economy is worse than I thought. Oh well. I took advantage of the deals. I only bought stuff that was on sale and that was on my list from hours of scouring through holiday ads. I must admit that I did have a huge adrenaline rush shopping on Friday. I don't get those too much anymore so I didn't really know how to react. It was tons of fun. What's going to be more fun is seeing Diana open presents on Christmas. She is fully informed about Santa Claus and while I shopped on Friday, she went around the store with Gramma V and made her list for Santa Claus. (Thanks, once again, to Gramma V who came to the rescue and allowed me to shop for my little one...and my big one).

1 comment:

Orshi said...

Good for you! I ventured to our mall here on Friday, BIG MISTAKE! Luckily I don't do black friday, ever, I've been 90% done with my shopping for a few weeks now.