Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The bunny came!

Easter is a mixed bag for me. I feel bad that my kids don't know the true meaning of some of our country's religious holidays. It's all about Easter bunnies and Santa Claus. Diana was so excited for days to find out what the Easter bunny was going to bring her. It pained me to know that her basket was going to be filled with candy that she will never eat and dollar toys that will end up in the trash. But, their happy faces on Easter made me feel a little better for a while. I didn't grow up in a religious family so I pretty much grew up the same way my kids are growing up. Someday, I will sit down with them and we will chat about the real meaning of Christmas and Easter, but this year just wasn't the right year.

Here are some images from our visit from E.B.

Diana is pumped about her Phineas and Ferb stickers:



Amy is equally excited about her chocolate from See's Candy.



The Easter bunny brought the girls kazoos. We are going to have to have a chat with the bunny before he arrives next year about the ban we are instituting on those.



Diana and Matt colored eggs the morning of Easter (yea, we were a little late on that this year).



The girls then added their colorful touches.





The day was over when Amy dropped one of her eggs. She was a little bummed, but more than happy to throw it in the garbage.

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

Go Amy! Be left handed!!!