Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A trip to the city

Our annual trip to San Francisco for Easter was one I will never forget. It started in the beautiful city of Sausalito with lunch with my family - all 17 of us. We then took the ferry to San Francisco. It was a beautiful day in the city. I wrote a column for the local newspaper about the entire experience as it was truly one of the strangest days in my life.
I brought cupcakes to share with my family and because they didn't eat them all, I decided to bring them on the ferry just in case someone wanted more. I ended up carrying the tray around the ferry building for more than an hour. My brother-in-law, the great Chris, made sure to humiliate me the entire time. It was well deserved.
My girls had a great time with their family members and being in the city on a georgeous day just made it all that much more fun. While we were at the ferry building, Matt stopped with Amy to listen to a man playing music. This photo was taken right after Amy put a dollar in his tip jar. I was so upset with myself for not capturing that moment on memory card. I will have it in my brain forever though. It was a very sweet moment.



The man played "Twinkle, Twinkle" for her.

No comments: