Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Cupcakes...and more cupcakes

I love cupcakes. I don't love to eat them, but I love to research them and bake them. I am not a big fan of decorating them all fancy, but I love to try different flavors. I found an awesome cupcake cookbook that has really inspired me to try different flavors. It's been a lot of fun to use my creativity in this manner.
I have been baking a lot of cupcakes lately. I tested some flavors months ago and gave them to friends and family members to taste and give me feedback. I baked some cupcakes for Easter - malt shop cupcakes and lemon buttermilk. The girls helped me and Diana was even happy to help with cleanup.











While we were in San Anselmo, I came across these cute British-themed cupcake decorations and I had to have them. It gave me an excuse to make orange flavored cupcakes with almond frosting for the Royal Wedding. I took some to Debbie and Dave for our visit to Santa Cruz and froze the rest. ;)



Lastly, the grand finale (well, not really)...I baked 80 cupcakes for Matt's banquet last weekend - four flavors to celebrate the four straight titles the team has won. My selections were vanilla with vanilla buttercream frosting, dark chocolate with peanut butter frosting, snickerdoodle with vanilla buttercream and lemon buttermilk with vanilla buttercream. They were a hit!

These are the snickerdoodle cupcakes with a cute fondant basketball decoration on them.



These are the basketball cupcakes, vanilla flavored.



I have a lot of time on my hands so if you would like some cupcakes, give me a call!

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

Your cupcakes are much better than the ones I had last night made at a culinary academy. :) I love Diana and her silly faces!