Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Packin' up the car

The last two days of Diana's spring break were mostly spent in the car. The girls were driving each other - and me - nuts so we headed out for an adventure to visit some friends and family.

Last Thursday, we went to Tiburon to have lunch with a former co-worker of mine. I love driving into Tiburon because the view of San Francisco is wonderful. It was a clear day and I couldn't take my eyes off the city. Once the Golden Gate Bridge was in view, I asked Diana what it was and she responded quickly with "Golden Gate Bridge." That's my girl!

We went to a restaurant in San Anselmo called Comforts. It was outstanding food. We walked around the downtown area, had frozen yogurt and then headed home. It was a long day but a very fun day.

On Friday, we headed to Santa Cruz for a visit with Aunt Debbie and soon-to-be Uncle Dave! We arrived at lunch time and Debbie made pizza-dillas for us. I was very surprised that Diana chowed on hers since it was made with a whole wheat tortilla. Thanks for thinking healthy Deb! :)

Dave and Deb's house is awesome and the front porch was a perfect opportunity to take a picture of the girls before we headed to the boardwalk.



After lunch we headed down to the boardwalk for some good times. Diana got a free day pass because Deb and Dave bought their season passes.



I decided not to buy any tickets for me and Amy because we were only going to be there for a short while. Huge mistake. The minute Amy saw Diana on the merry-go-round, she threw a fit. By the time the ride was over, I had to buy some tickets so she could ride some rides.

I am so glad I did. I never would have gotten these photos!







Amy insisted on having Soothie in her mouth the entire time. I let her because it was naptime and she tried to jump out of the boat when she didn't have it. Baby overboard!

This photo though is by far the best. Diana was annoyed by all the kids pressing their horns on this ride.

1 comment:

Michelle MGD said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! Diana cracks me up. SHe does look really annoyed. And I love the picture of the girls on the stairs. Such sisterly love!